Are you trying to decide whether to go with the Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine or with the Breville Nespresso Essenza Mini? Well, we understand it can be really confusing at times to choose between two bestselling models like this- and that’s exactly why we are here!
Here at Gamble Bay Coffee we are always trying to bring to helpful comparisons of popular and similar products where we explain which model is the right one for you and when.
In today’s comparison we’d like to point out the fact right up front that both the CitiZ and the Essenza Mini are very similar machines and they are also priced pretty similarly too. The main differences between the two are not just looks however, both machines are definitely different in other ways although some of those main differences will not matter to everybody.
For starters I’d like to say that I normally advise just about everybody to opt for the Essenza Mini over all the other Nespresso machines. It is priced lower and makes espresso shots just as good as the most expensive models in their line.
As far as operations is concerned the Essenza Mini is the best value in the Nespresso line hands down – you can see current pricing for the Essenza Mini on Amazon here.
There are reasons however that you may want to trade up the the CitiZ so if you have slightly deeper pockets then read on to see if it’s worth it to you.
What are the main features of the Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine by De’Longhi?
The Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine from the De’Longhi line of products is one of the most sought after models when it comes to Nespresso. In fact, this model is by far one of those models that have become the face of the De’Longhi Nespresso makers.
The main things to keep in mind when considering this model might be summed up in the following points:
- This machine comes with a fairly large water tank- a one of 34 ounces, to be more specific. This large size ensures that you would be able to prepare more Espresso before you have to refill your machine, making it a great choice if you plan to make a lot of Espresso!
- The folding drip tray accommodates larger cup sizes, and drops down automatically when you remove your mug to catch drips and that’s just perfect because that means you don’t have to go through the hassle of having to cleaning up the countertop or table after every use.
- Again, with the adjustable cup size and the choice between Espresso and Lungo, this model retains the level of functionality and versatility you’d expect from a good upper-range Espresso Machine!
- The pressure of the pump that this machine is equipped with is 19 bars, which is pretty much the standard and so is something you really do not have to be concerned about if you’re not looking for something specifically different.
- Again, this model is available in several color choices that you can choose from when you decide to buy the model. This model offers you colors such as Black, Red, Silver and White to give your counter-top as well as your overall kitchen the perfect look that it deserves. This actually goes a long way in the aesthetic aspect of this product, and is something you must consider.
- This machine, as far as the financial aspect is concerned, is an upper range model, and as such, you must be aware about the price before you decide to go for this model. You must ensure that it’s within your budget before you jump into it, because that’s what a smart shopper does!
You can see more specific information on the CitiZ on our review page.
What are the main features of the Breville Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine?
The Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine from the Breville line if products is yet another product that is really loved in the market. This model is known for its economic aspect and how it provides you with a lot of functions despite having a pretty affordable price. The main features of this model might be discussed now.
- This machine also lets you prepare both Lungo and Espresso, giving you the standard level of versatility.
- This machine boasts of the special Centrifusion technology that ensures that all the coffee is properly extracted, giving you the perfect flavor and aroma, making your drinking experience absolutely perfect. This is something that this machine is really loved for, and so is something you might want to keep in your mind. In this aspect, this machine is just like the Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville.
- Next in line is the fact that this model also boasts of a Eco mode for low Energy consumption after 3 minutes and an automatic energy-saving function that serves to switch machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- And, as we remarked earlier, this model is actually a pretty affordable model. While it might not be the least priced model out there, it’s still a really affordable one that you might easily be able to go for!
Click through to see our full review of the Essenza Mini.
What are the Main Differences Between the Two?
These two machines are actually fairly different. And this can easily be made evident if only we take a look at the main differences between these two models, which might be summed up into the following points:
- Firstly, the CitiZ provides you with a comparatively larger tank, making it a better choice for you if you’re planning to make more Espresso.
- Next, the CitiZ comes with a beautiful folding tray that has been reported by users to be really useful. This is not present in case of the Essenza Mini, and is something you might want to keep in mind.
- The CitiZ also boasts of several colors, this is not something that the Essenza Mini is able to offer you with. So, if you’re one of those people that love the aesthetic aspect too, the CitiZ might just be the better choice for you here.
- The Essenza Mini, on the other hand, provides you with the centrifusion technology that the CitiZ cannot boast of, and it actually does a pretty good job of extracting the flavor! So, if you want that, you might want to slide with the Essenza.
- Again, users have confirmed that the Essenza is a really silent machines, which actually means a lot to people like me who love silence and love to read while waiting for my cup! So, if you are like me, you’re going to love the Essenza more for only its silence!
- Finally, from a financial perspective, the Essenza is clearly the better option of the two here because of its comparative advantages given its lower price. So, if you’re looking to be a smart shopper here, the Essenza might be the right choice.
The CitiZ is going to be better for people that don’t like filling water reservoirs as often, don’t like emptying spent capsule containers as often, and have a few extra bucks to spend.
Finally, we can conclude by saying that both the machines are really great machines and you might really go for any of them and you would love it. However, given the price difference, the Essenza seems to be a good choice nonetheless. But of course, if you love the CitiZ for any reason, then that is always the right one for you.
Please keep in mind that the right model for you isn’t the most logical choice, but the one that actually serves all your needs and wants at the most affordable price!
How to Choose the Right Model
Choosing the right model is something that a lot of people face troubles with. I believe that this is because they do not really understand how to properly judge models. The first thing that one must do is understand what they are actually looking for.
Once you know what you are looking for, it becomes surprisingly easy to judge models based on your needs. And your specific needs guide you towards the model that is perfect for you. Once again, know that the bestselling model isn’t always importantly the best one for you. The best model for you is the model that serves all your needs at the most affordable price.
Gamble Bay Coffee is here for you and we always strive to help you out. If you have any queries, feel free to reach out to us and we will try our best to help you in any way we can. Hope to see you again on our next article!
Please follow us because we are loving this new way to reach our customers!
Gamble Bay Coffee