There are a lot of coffee and espresso makers available out there. In fact, there are so many that it’s overwhelming to search through them if you haven’t already made up your mind. But if you just make up your mind, you won’t be able to go for a new model, even if it’s better. So, there’s this eternal dilemma that revolves around buying a coffee maker.
There’s no reason to fret, because Gamble Bay Coffee is here and we’re going to help you compare the available models in a super simple way, so that you would actually understand their underlying differences without being confused about the technical aspects! For today’s article, we are going to take a look at the differences between the Mr Coffee ECMP50 and the DeLonghi EC155 models.
So, are you ready to check out the differences between the two? Then let’s first begin by checking out the main features of each of them. Afterward, we’ll directly compare them.
What are the main features of the Mr Coffee ECMP50?
The Mr Coffee ECMP50 is one of the best selling models in the market right now. Even if that’s not reason enough to buy it, it sure goes to show that people are simply in love with it, and that’s a big plus. The main reason why it is loved so much can easily be understood if we take a look at the main features that it offers us:
- It boasts of a 15-bar pump system. This, in its turn, uses a powerful pressure to extract a dark, rich espresso brew.
- This model also boasts of a dual-shot set up, so that you can prepare two cups at the same time. Besides obviously saving time when you need two or more cups, it also gives the model a special look.
- The frothing arm also serves to properly froth your coffee or cappuccino to provide you with whichever sort of beverage that you crave.
- The thermal-block heating technology used in this machine ensures that the heating is faster than usual, as well as more evenly distributed than other heating methods.
- This model boasts a handy drip catcher. Wondering what this is? Quoting Amazon,
The Drip Catcher is a removable, washable drip tray to collect coffee drips and keep brew space neat and clean
- The machine also has special lights that indicate if your brew is ready or not. This makes it super simple for you to check up on the progress of your brew.
- This machine boasts of a capacity of about 40 ounces, which is pretty much enough for any needs you might have.
- Finally, this machine is a mid range product that’s neither too expensive, nor suspiciously cheap. This product tries to strike the perfect balance between quality and affordability and the success and positive reviews of this product suggest that it has been successful in its endeavor.
What are the main features of the DeLonghi EC155?
With a rating of half a star less on Amazon, but with a few times more reviews as the last model, the DeLonghi EC155 is one of the symbols of the DeLonghi line of products when it comes to espresso and cappuccino makers! As such, it becomes even more important to study the features of this model:
- The DeLonghi uses convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder, making espresso preparation simple and fast.
- The swivel jet frother serves to give your cappuccino or espresso the perfect froth that makes it complete for you!
- The self-priming preparation is something that has been provided to free you from the hassle of the startup preparations that come with most of espresso and cappuccino makers that are available out there, now.
- Water and steam pressure are controlled separately with two separate thermostats, making sure that your espresso is brewed at the perfect temperature.
- The high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure ensure that this machine will be living with you for a long time, serving you by staying sturdy throughout your uses!
- This machine comes with a capacity of 35 ounces, just a little bit less than the model we discussed earlier.
- Finally, this machine is actually a mid-low range product. While it still might not be the most affordable model out there, that is still one of the factors that’s been kept in mind during the making of this machine.
What are the main differences between the two models?
These two models, though both used for preparing espresso and cappuccino, are not entirely the same. In fact, there are quite a few differences that are evident if you take a closer look at the two. So, let’s take a more direct comparison:
- The Mr Coffee ECMP50 can prepare two separate beverages at once, while the DeLonghi EC155 can prepare only one cup at a given time.
- The Mr Coffee ECMP50 has a special frothing arm to do the job while the DeLonghi EC155 relies on manual frothing for the same purpose.
- Mr Coffee ECMP50 offers you with a capacity of 40 ounces while the DeLonghi EC155 offers you with one of 35 ounces. So, if you want a slightly larger model, the Mr Coffee model might be worth it.
- The Mr Coffee ECMP50 has a higher MRP, but don’t let that stop you. There are lucrative discounts you can find that could make all the difference!
- And finally, the DeLonghi EC155 has a thinner design because it has only one dispenser, so it’s easier to place on most counter-tops or tables.
At the end of the day we can conclude by saying that both the options are really great and you can’t really go wrong in this case. However, as we just saw, each of them have their own specialties and you should consider your requirements to go with the one that serves you the best.
Gamble Bay Coffee is always ready to help you out. We hope that this article helped you and that you learned something new that would help you on your quest of making a great purchase. Please feel free to reach out to us, should you have any query and please know that we are always here for you. Thank you for taking the time to read our article- we hope to see you again soon!