Are you making stovetop moka for a couple of people at a time?
Maybe you just like drinking big heaping coffee cups full of stovetop espresso rather than smaller espresso portions.
No matter what’s going on in your kitchen every morning brewing in a large moka pot is a lot easier than brewing multiple batches from smaller pots.
I also know from personal experience that most stores only stock the 3-6 cup moka pots even though most top brands make stovetop espresso makers in the 12-cup range.
Bialetti even makes an 18-cup stovetop espresso maker which makes approximately 27 ounces of moka at once!
Most people looking for larger moka pots however tend to be in the market for the 9oz, 12oz, and 14oz versions.
BonJour makes an attractively priced 14 ounce moka pot that gets the job done.
There is also a more expensive and arguably better made 10-oz moka pot from Cuisinox available but most large stovetop espresso makers come in 12 ounce sizes.
In today’s article, we are going to review a few of the largest stovetop espresso makers including some of those mentioned above and a few popular models in the 12-cup range.
As you may know, there’s a lot of love for espresso these days and that means there’s a market for stovetop espresso makers because they make an espresso like beverage without costing nearly as much as big fancy machines.
Now, let’s get onto the list and the reviews.
The Largest Stovetop Espresso Makers That You Might Want to Buy
As you would expect, there are some large models available from several lines of brands each meant for different kinds of people on different budgets.
Here is our list of your main options along with a moderately detailed look at each model.
First of all comes the Original Bialetti Moka Express. This model is made in Italy and is one of the most glamorous models available out there. So, if you’re considering going for a model based on looks, this model is certainly worth a thought. But that’s not all, the main features of this model are as follows:
- This model is made of high quality polished aluminum in the classic Bialetti Octagon shape
- This model has a capacity of 12-cups. This is actually a pretty large capacity thus earning it a place in this list.
- This model is also famous because of its special patented safety valve. So, if you’re one of those people who want the safest models out there, this model is the one to go for!
- Finally, you can choose the color you want for your model, so that you can easily make it blend in or stand out in your kitchen.
Vev Vigano is a line of products that simply can’t be avoided if you talk about stovetop espresso makers. This is because of the fact that they simply have a lot of models that are really unique and really functional. So, the main features of the Carioca Nero are as follows:
- This model has a polished high quality 18/10 stainless steel body, giving it a high level of durability. In fact, the same extends to the basket, which is also made of stainless steel- you can easily understand the level of durability of this model from this.
- The brass safety pressure release valve is another feature that this model offers.
- This model also offers you with a 12 cup capacity, which is fairly large.
Another model from Vev Vigano that you must take a look at if you’re discussing the largest stovetop espresso makers is the 8160 Vespress Gold. This model also has quite a few lucrative features.
- The Vev Vigano 8160 Vespress Gold also has a pretty distinct look that you could fall in love with.
- This model, like the previous one, is also made of 18/10 stainless steel and has the same kind of filter and brass pressure release.
- However, this model actually has been intended for European espresso cups and, as such, it is enough for 12 to 14 (European) cups fresh espresso servings.
One last model from Vev Vigano, I promise, but we just can’t bring ourselves to skip it. This model is, according to me, one of the best looking espresso makers available out there. The main features it offers are:
- This model is a really versatile model that you can safely use with just about any cooktop such as gas, induction, electric and even infrared.
- This model also has a capacity of brewing 12 demitasse-size espresso cups. This is quite a bit of coffee, so it can be easily added into the list.
And let’s conclude the list with the Bodum Chambord Espresso Maker. Bodum, if you don’t know, is one of the most famous companies when it comes to coffee equipment. It’s one of the oldest and most reputed companies and, as such, is one of the most loved in the market as well. The main features offered are:
- This model has a body made of stainless steel, ensuring its durability.
- This model can be used on all stovetop burners.
- This model is easy to wash, as well, because all the parts are dishwasher safe. With this, you’re free from the headaches that come from holding back because of a lengthy hand-washing requirement!
Now, as I said earlier, not all models are for everyone. There are quite a few things that you must keep in mind when judging a model for yourself. Your needs are always the most important part of a purchase.
So, while we’ve mentioned the features we liked up above, we’re still going to list out what we looked for, so that you can use these points, yourself, to ensure that you get the best option for you. Without further ado:
- First of all, the fact that they have a large capacity has been kept in mind. After all, that’s one of the ideas around which the whole article is based on, so we can’t stray from that.
- One important thing that you must keep in mind is the durability of a product. You might have a lot of options, but a good, durable product actually makes itself worth it. In case of other products, while it looks less expensive, you’re actually paying more with replacement costs.
- Naturally, the economic side of the story has been considered. This might sound really common or even cliche, but there’s simply nothing to do about it. Affordability isn’t the same for everyone, so we have to consider it when we make a generalized list.
- Next, insulation has to be considered. With such a large capacity, the last thing you want is for a lot of your coffee to get cold.
Large Stovetop Espresso Maker FAQ
Now, of course, there might be quite a few questions on your mind. And it’s time that we got around to answering them. Right now, I’m going to answer the most common ones asked. Should you not find your answer here, feel free to get in touch with me and I’m sure we can find an answer together!
- What coffee should I use in a moka pot?Coffee made in a moka pot is very similar to espresso. It is super strong and well concentrated. The only thing it lacks is crema and some people may find it to have a pinch more sediment in the cup. For these reasons we believe buying any coffee best used for making espresso will work just as well in a stovetop espresso maker.
- Why would I want to go for a large model?This is a really common question and the answer is really simple. Maybe you’re a business that likes espresso, maybe you host coffee parties, and maybe you just want to brew once to get all you need. Whatever the case, some people need to make a lot of coffee at one time, and this is how they do it. Moral of the story: Buy the size of model based on the volume you need.
- What are some of the features I might look for?
Do you want dishwasher safe? Are you worried about durability or the how long the coffee will stay hot? A handle that doesn’t get hot enough to burn your hand would be nice. As I said earlier, this depends entirely on what your needs are. That’s the only way to ensure that you get a perfect large espresso maker model that would serve all your needs perfectly.
- How important is the factor of affordability in this specific case?
As for this specific case, it’s not really too important because these models aren’t usually too expensive. That being said, it doesn’t mean that you should disregard it. Money is an important aspect for everyone and simply must be kept in mind at all times. So make sure that you keep it in mind and buy the model that suits your product and financial needs!
- I have other questions. What do I do?
We understand that you might have some other questions or things that have confused you. Well, that’s perfectly alright and we apologize that we didn’t address them. You can reach out to us and we assure you that we’ll try to help you in any way that we can. Please know that Gamble Bay Coffee is always here to help you make the best purchases!
So, at the end of the day, all these models (and even more) are available for you to buy. But you must keep in mind that it’s not just going to the market and buying a model. You must keep in mind that you have to do your research first. You have to judge every model based on your needs and find the one that’s the best for you to make the best purchase!
Gamble Bay Coffee understands that you want don’t want to waste money on an unsuitable product and we stand by your side all the time, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us with anything to ask or discuss! We will await you and look forward for your next visit- thank you!
Please follow us because we are loving this new way to reach our customers!
Gamble Bay Coffee