Breville is one of those product lines that you can practically trust blindly, anywhere and anytime. In fact, if you can afford their models, I always suggest going for Breville because they provide you with the highest level of functionality, versatility, efficiency and durability.
Frankly speaking, if I were to make a list of companies that operate in almost all kitchen appliance fields and were equally perfect, everywhere, Breville might top the list, no exaggeration.
Yet, it should be pointed out that the models that Breville brings to the table are often far more expensive than any other model available and not everyone can afford to buy them. That doesn’t mean that we won’t consider them, anyway. For those who can go for it, there’s almost no reason to browse any further or to look at any other product line.
Even with that in mind, Breville makes more than one model per field, and in today’s article we are going to compare two of them to see which one might be worth buying. Today, we are going to compare Breville’s Oracle BES980XL and their Infuser Espresso Machine BES840XL!
What are the main features of the Oracle BES980XL?
The Oracle BES980XL is certainly a high end model that costs a whole lot. However, it isn’t right to only look at the price without taking a look at the features that it provides. So, let’s take a look:
- It has dual, stainless steel boilers as well as dual, Italian pumps to ensure speed and efficiency, making this model worth the high initial investment that it calls for.
- 3 presets and 6 customizable settings make this model one of the most versatile in the entire industry. If you’re looking for versatility when it comes to your espresso machine, and you can afford it, then this is, by far, the best model you can get.
- This machine gives you an entirely new level of automation- it automatically grinds, doses and tamps the required amount of coffee for a mess free, barista-quality espresso. In fact, it even provides you with the perfect foam texture without you having to touch a button!
- However, one of the main complaints people seem to have about this model is that it’s really delicate and seems to break while operating- at least for quite a few people who were otherwise loving it . That’s the only concern people seem to have, so I’d recommend research on that before you go for it. (Keep in mind that Breville does seem to actually talk with you, properly, about inquiries.)
- Finally, though I’ve already said it a lot of times, the price of this model. This model costs almost two thousand dollars! That’s a hefty amount of money, so you need to be sure that your budget can accommodate it before you go out and buy this.
What are the defining features for the Infuser Espresso Machine BES840XL?
The Infuser Espresso Machine BES840XL is the second highest selling machine from Breville, after the BES870XL. This machine also boasts of a ton of user friendly options and as such is loved by almost everyone. The main features, however, might be summed up in the following points:
- This machine is known as the Infuser because of the special technology that it uses to infuse the flavor into your coffee. It gets the maximum extraction from the grind to make the perfectly flavored coffee that you crave. It produces the perfect shot of espresso by using a special, steady, low-pressure pre-infusion that expands the coffee ground before increasing the pressure for an even espresso extraction.
- However, please note that this machine does not come with an inbuilt grinder. It’s really sad but that doesn’t mean that it can’t prepare proper coffee for you. However, you might want to consider buying a grinder along with it.
- This machine has a pretty high electricity consumption with a rating of 1600 watts.
- It also comes with a steam wand with 360-degree swivel.
- From a financial perspective, this model also belongs to the upper range, but that’s just something that all Breville models have in common.
- You can get this model in stainless steel, black and red color variations.
What are the main differences between the two?
These two models are pretty much entirely different. The greatest similarity between the two is perhaps the fact that they belong to the same line of products. However, let us still take a look at the main differences individually, so that we can make it clearer for you.
- The BES980XL has dual dispensing, while the BES840XL has only a single dispenser.
- The BES840XL does not come with an inbuilt grinder, while the BES980XL does, making the latter more complete and thus a better choice if you want more of an all-in-one type of machine.
- You get more color options in case of the BES840XL, making it a better choice if you want more aesthetic choice and if you’re willing to give up on a bit of functionality and versatility for it.
- In terms of functionality, the BES980XL is WAY ahead of the BES840XL, and if you’re willing to pay substantially more for a highly automated model, then the formerr might be the best bet for you.
- However, keep in mind that huge price difference between the two. These two are almost at opposite price ends, with the BES980XL being among the most expensive models, even in this category of the Breville line, and the BES840XL being one of the most affordable ones.
At the end of the day, know that all the models are available for you and you have to judge them perfectly and choose the one that serves you the best.
Know that the best model for you isn’t the model that’s selling the best, but the one that serves all your needs at the most reasonable price. You need to judge every model according to your needs to be a smart shopper!
Gamble Bay Coffee is here for you and we will help you with more articles like this to aid you on your quest to find the best model for yourself. Don’t hesitate in reaching out to us if there’s anything that you would like us to discuss with you. We hope you learned something new from today’s article ad we look forward to having you with us again soon!
Please follow us because we are loving this new way to reach our customers!
Gamble Bay Coffee