If you’ve never used a classic stovetop milk frother then you may be surprised to find that they function somewhat automatically even though they are considered to be totally manual devices.
They don’t really require electricity to work like stand alone frothing wands or electric frothers like the Aeroccino but they do require a heat source like an electric or gas burner… or open flame if that’s your style!
The heat source basically crates pressure in many of these devices causing steam wands to work. Of course there other styles these days that function a little differently than the older antique style models.
The best stovetop milk frother is going to be totally different from one person to another though. Some will prefer the stovetop steam wand while others will prefer the modern agitator found in many electric countertop models.
I actually really like the wand myself. It feels cool and looks great sitting next to my old-timey moka pot!
Bellman makes a cool stovetop steam frother that is a bit pricey but super awesom in my book but there is no doubt most people shopping for a frother are looking for something that sits on the stove, heats milk, and includes a pump (similar to a french press) that creates foam as the milk warms up.
One of the most popular manual stovetop milk frothers is this model made by HIC. It’s got a stainless steel body, perfect for setting on a burner so long as it is on a low setting. Definately not my favorite but it is popular nevertheless.
Obviously there are lots of different styles of non-electric milk frothers so today I want to go into greater detail on some of the styles mentioned above as well as a few other options that are best for making milk foam on the stove.
Let’s start by taking a look at this list of what I believe to be your best options.
Stovetop Milk Frother Reviews – The Top Consumer Models Sold Today
When you take electric models out of the equation you’ll find that most manual frothers are quite affordable but some can get pricey due to their quality of construction and complexity.
Below we’ve briefly reviewed many of your best alternatives to electric frothers and tried to give you enough info to make a decision on which model is right for you!
Let’s begin with the HIC Milk Frother that a lot of people tend to go for at the very beginning. While this model isn’t the top selling model out there, it certainly is among the top rated and most loved ones. This shows that it’s one of the best choices that people have made. The reason behind this can easily be found if we take a look at the features of this model.
- This model has several reasons to be durable. Besides the fact that it has been made by the HIC line of products, it has also been made from high quality stainless steel.
- This model boasts of a capacity of about 14 ounces.
- This model also has a built-in, double-mesh aerator and an easy-grip handle to add to its list of great features.
This is the bestselling stovetop milk frother in the market, as of now. The Bellemain Stainless Steel Hand Pump Milk Frother boasts quite a few features that are bound to make just about anyone fall in love with this model. And if that wasn’t enough, the fact that so many people have loved it is also another positive credential. So, the main features of this model are summed up in the following points:
- As the name states, this model has a stainless steel body that ensures durability.
- This model is also completely dishwasher safe- this frees you from the hassle of having to clean it in the hard, manual way. You don’t have to think twice about using the frother out of worry for future cleaning.
- This model also comes with a 14 ounce capacity, as is the standard for stovetop milk frothers.
The next product that you might want to take a look at is from the Webat line of products. Yes, you got it right, I’m talking about the Webat 400ml Stainless Steel Milk Frother. This model that isn’t discussed too much, but is still held to be the very best by those who have had the chance to use it. So, the main features that this model boasts of can be summed up as:
- The “double-froth-screen” which enables you to create thicker and creamier froth.
- This model also boasts of a double gauge frother, to hopefully get your preferred level of froth in as few pumps as possible.
- This model also has another variant of 800 ml, in case you’re looking for something slightly larger.
- Finally, this model is one of the most affordable choices among the stovetop milk frothers, making it a model that’s available to everyone.
Let’s end this list with the La Cafetiere Bialetti Tuttocrema Frothing Jug. For those who are not at all familiar with this market, Bialetti is, by far, one of the most respected companies in the coffee appliance market and is one of those lines of products that you could probably safely buy without research.
This line of products charges you a bit more than others, but gives you excess utilities that are worth the extra price, making both their product and their name unique. So, the main features this specific model boasts of are:
- This model has a Teflon non-stick surface that ensures that it won’t be hard for you to clean it after you’re done with it.
- This model also has a double filter to ensure that you can get extra frothy milk every time you use this model. If you’re looking for that extra level of fine froth, then this is a model worth considering!
- This model is also available in two size variations: 3 and 6 cups. Both are exactly the same in terms of functions and features.
Once again, at the end of the day it’s a product from the Bialetti line, one that is actually worth going for even though it costs a bit more than the average product. So, if you’re willing to pay the extra buck for the best stovetop milk frother, this seems like an ideal choice.
Now, as I said earlier, not all models are for everyone. There are quite a few things to keep in mind when judging a model for yourself. Your needs are always the most important part of a purchase.
So, while we’ve mentioned the features we liked up above, we’re still going to list out what we looked for, so that you can use these points, yourself, to ensure that you get the best option for you. Without further ado:
- One of the primary things that the whole article is about is the fact that the frother has to be stovetop based.
- We’ve also taken care to mention the size/volume of the model because we understand that everyone has different needs.
- One important thing that you must keep in mind is the durability of a product. You might have a lot of options, but a good, durable product actually makes itself worth it. In case of other products, while it looks less expensive, you’re actually paying more with replacement costs.
- Naturally, the economic side of the story has been considered. This might sound really common, or even cliche, but there’s simply nothing to do about it. Affordability isn’t the same for everyone, so we have to consider it when we make a generalized list.
Stovetop Milk Frother Comparison Information
Now, all of these factors have been considered while compiling this list for you. Thus, this list is the result of quite a bit of judgement. However, it is indispensable that you judge the models according to your own specific needs.
Keep in mind that the best model for you isn’t the one that’s best for everyone else. It’s the one that serves all your needs at the most affordable, or most reasonable, price- this is one of the things that you must always remember to be a smart shopper.
Stovetop Milk Frother FAQ
Now, of course, there might be quite a few questions in your mind. And it’s time that we got to them. As your host, I’d be obliged to answer all your questions. Right now, I’m going to respond to the most common ones. Should you not find your answer here, feel free to get in touch with me and I’m sure we can find an answer together!
- Are the large models any different from the smaller ones?
Aside from capacity/size, not really. The product’s purpose is the same- in fact, the way in which it works is also the same in case of every size. However, as we have stated earlier, several people have several needs when it comes to size and, as such, it’s one of those things that you must check out when you go for a model to ensure that you get the one that fits your needs, properly.
- Are all these models really safe?
Of course. Safety is one of the main concerns given to the manufacturers. They had to get a lot of certifications from a lot of organizations to be able to produce them on this scale. Also, all of these are pretty large companies so you don’t really have to worry a lot because they are entirely safe. The fact that they are safe is also further proven by the people who have used them and love them. So, there’s no reason to worry about this.
- I have other questions. What do I do?
We understand that you might have some other questions or things that have confused you. Well, that’s perfectly alright and we apologize that we didn’t address them. You can reach out to us and we assure you that we’ll try to help you in any way that we can. Please know that Gamble Bay Coffee is always here to help you make the best purchases!
So, at the end of the day, all these models (and even more) are available for you to buy. But you must keep in mind that it’s not just going to the market and buying a model. You must keep in mind that you have to do your research first. You have to judge every model based on your needs and find the one that’s the best for you to make the best purchase!
Gamble Bay Coffee understands that you want don’t want to waste money on an unsuitable product and we stand by your side all the time, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us with anything to ask or discuss! We will await you and look forward for your next visit- thank you!
Please follow us because we are loving this new way to reach our customers!
Gamble Bay Coffee