Once again, we’re back with another comparison between two really great models from a great line of products: Breville! So, in today’s article, we are going to compare the Barista Express BES870XL and the Infuser Espresso Machine BES840XL and find out which model is a better choice to go for.
First, we’re going to take a look at their main features and then figure out their differences and why and when one might be better than the other. We hope that you will be able to learn something new from this article, so it is recommended that you read it ’til the very end.
Without further delay, let us take a look at the main features of the models.
What are the main features of the Barita Express BES870XL?
The Breville BES870XL is one of the more affordable mid-range models from the Breville line of espresso machines (although it’s still a high-end product for the market) and as such is one of the highest selling products among the Breville models. However, let us take a look at the main features that it offers you with:
- First of all, this machine allows you to select the proper temperature that you want, allowing you to set the perfect temperature in increments of 2 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It applies low water pressure at the start of the shot to gently expand grinds for an even extraction.
- It comes with a fully automated interface, complete with presets. However, it still allows you to program it the way you like, giving you full versatility and flexibility when it comes to preparing your beverage the way you want.
- It also makes cleaning up much less of a hassle than other models. It removes excess water from the ground coffee in the filter basket after extraction for easy disposal of the coffee puck.
- This machine comes with an in-built coffee grinder and can also serve as a hot water dispenser.
- This machine has a pretty high electricity consumption with a rating of 1600 watts. However, it still tries its best to be efficient and comes with an automatic shut off mode to provide you with as much electricity conservation as it can.
So, though it is undeniable that this model still costs much more than quite a few other models of this kind, its features make up for that cost and its ability to function as more than just a coffee machine help make it more cost efficient. Click here to see current pricing for the Barista Express.
What are the defining features for the Infuser Espresso Machine BES840XL?
The Infuser Espresso Machine BES840XL is the second best selling machine from the Breville line after the BES870XL. This machine also boasts of a ton of user friendly options and is loved by almost everyone who has used it.
- This machine is known as the Infuser because of the special technology that it uses to infuse your coffee with flavor. It produces the perfect shot of espresso by using a special, steady, low-pressure pre-infusion that expands the coffee grounds before increasing the pressure for an even espresso extraction.
- However, please note that this machine does not come with an inbuilt grinder.
- This machine has a pretty high electricity consumption with a rating of 1600 watts.
- It also comes with a steam wand with 360-degree swivel.
- From a financial perspective, this model also belongs to the upper range, but that’s just something that all Breville models have in common.
- You can get this model in stainless steel, black and red color variations. You can choose the color you want before you buy to help it fit in with your kitchen and enhance the aesthetic aspect.
What are the main differences between the two?
These two actually have very few differences between them. In fact, the differences are so few that it was really hard for us to find them. After a lot of research, we finally managed to find that there was only one difference that was worth mentioning: the fact that the BES840XL did not come with an inbuilt grinder while the BES870XL did have a built in grinder. So, you must keep that in mind and you might want to buy a grinder at the same time if you choose to go with the BES840XL.
However, we also found out that the BES840XL was much less expensive in comparison, and was still consideration if you wanted to go for Breville with a comparatively conservative budget.
However, if you’re looking for cheaper models, there are a lot of other companies that provide you with much cheaper alternatives and you might want to check them out before settling for this one.
Gamble Bay Coffee is here for you!
Do not forget that we here at Gamble Bay Coffee are always there to help you out. If you are confused in any way or have any question, you can always turn to us and we promise that we will try our best to help you out. We are here for you and we always look forward to hearing from you.
We feel like the BES870XL is best for people who want that built-in grinder. If you have (or prefer to have) a separate grinder then go for the comparatively less expensive BES840XL.
We will be back with more informative articles like this one to help you out on your mission of finding the best models for yourself. Do not forget that the best model for you isn’t the most purchased model out there, but the one that serves all your needs and purposes at the most reasonable price to you.
Don’t forget to do your research here on Gamble Bay Coffee before you go ahead and buy a model. We hope that you learned something informative from today’s article that would help you out in finding the right model for yourself. We promise to be back with more informative articles like this one and we hope to have you here!
Til then, you might just want to check out our other articles, which are equally informative. We look forward to having you here again!
Please follow us because we are loving this new way to reach our customers!
Gamble Bay Coffee